Former Las Vegas headliner and Time Tunnel star James Darren played this recurring Rat Pack-era style singer in the sci-fi series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. A mere holodeck character (created by writer/producer Ira Stephen Behr), he was thus doubly fake! James Darren actually had a number one hit in 1961 with the Grammy-nominated song "Goodbye Cruel World." Riding the popularity of his Star Trek character, Darren released a 1999 comeback-esque album, This One's From the Heart, chock full of Sinatra-era classics that mister Vic Fontaine would be right at home with. Ring-a-ding-ding, you bozos!
Darren also voiced fictional singer Jimmy Darrock on an episode of The Flintstones.
- "His Way" (22 April 1998)
- "Tears of the Prophets" (17 June 1998)
- "Image in the Sand" (30 September 1998)
- "The Siege of AR-558" (18 November 1998)
- "It's Only a Paper Moon" (30 December 1998)
- "The Emperor's New Cloak" (3 February 1999)
- "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" (24 February 1999)
- "What You Leave Behind" (2 June 1999)